Sunday, July 19, 2009

New TV Tuner USB Stick

The PC TV tuner stick is the best way to get PVR functions from an antenna. When I had cable I also had a subscription to TIVO. The TIVO service is amazing and I will never bad mouth their product. The TIVO service also works with an HDTV antenna and you can record over the air broadcast just as you would with cable. The only thing with using TIVO is that you would need to pay for the service. If you do add TIVO to your free cable project then you can also use it to get on demand movies from Amazon. Since this project is about going without cable and finding ways to save money I had to find a free PVR solution. Looking online I found great reviews for the Kworld USB TV Tuner. It was easy to install and the unit picked up a few extra channels that my TV's built in tuner could not find. If you are looking for a way to record television with an antenna then give this unit a try. The software is also able to get a tv guide based on the channels that it tuned in without you having to tell the software your location. The USB stick was perfect for using with my laptop or for my desktop PC. Once you have the tuner set up, you can record programs pause live TV and burn your recording to a DVD. The software was easy to use and has a very nice interface. This is the best way to record programs in HD.

No comments:

Post a Comment