Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Getting Used to Free Cable TV

Today was my official first day with the HDTV antenna. It was what I was expecting, not to get
many HD channels. With the channels I did find there was enough programing to satisfy my TV viewing. The live TV channels are perfect for the local news and movies. There is a good number of movies on these channels. The networks have all my favourite shows and the signal is strong enough that I won't miss some of my favorites. Doing a little more research I found the the stations owned by CTV network in Canada have many online on demand videos of their most popular shows. These are full shows, for some reason they do chop up the video streams into parts. One show I was watching was in 5 parts. Going through some more Canadian networks to find more shows. The way I found these shows today was kind of like having TIVO or cables on demand service. It's going to take me a little while to get used to switching from antenna to laptop. There might be a better solution if I buy a dedicated PC just for media and leave it hooked up to the TV. The new netbook PC are cheap enough to work out as a media PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment