Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Free Cable Project Update

This is just a quick update on how life is going without cable. The truth is I have not noticed any change. With my HDTV antenna I have been able to watch all my local stations. The most important was to be able to get local news which I get from three channels. The other shows I watch are show like TMZ and Family Guy. When it comes to movies I have been getting movies online and by asking friends if they have any move that I can borrow. The library has also been a great source for new movies and TV box sets. With the TVU player on my computer I was able to get Fox News and Sky News from the UK along with many networks. There are times that it takes a little effort to get Internet TV working and to change channels. Then I think that it is worth it as I am saving about $90 a month. There are many sources for entertainment that you can live without cable and will not miss it. The other non TV entertainment I have been using is the good old fashion book. With all these choices I would say in the first few weeks of being cable free the project is going well. If you have not cut off the cable what are you waiting for. If a couch potato like me can do it then so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment