Thursday, February 10, 2011

Network Television Still A Great Choice

As I sit here writing this blog post I have the TV tuned into a local network station. This channel is coming in crystal clear with the help of my HD Antenna. It’s not as often that I tune into over the air broadcast as most of my content now comes from the Internet. The shows I do watch on Network Television complement my TV viewing. There are times when I catch a show or the local news and it makes me appreciate the stations that broadcast for free. These stations spend a lot of money on programming and broadcasting costs. This is one reason I like to support these stations by watching as much programming as I can. 

The local news is a must and I make sure that if I shop at a store that advertised during the news, that I let them know I appreciated their support for local television and that I will continue to shop there due to their advertising.

The networks have over the years brought some of the most loved shows to viewers for free. As cable cutters we cannot forget the networks and their investment in providing free television.  There is also something magical about playing with the antenna and getting that local station to tune in properly. It makes it even that better that you are lucky enough to get that channel.

As more cable cutters join the movement it’s very important that we keep local stations alive and support efforts to get new licences for new stations to broadcast or share their frequencies or sub channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment