Saturday, February 19, 2011

Boxee Box Gets Netflix

The good news this week fro Boxee Box owners was the addition of the Netflix app. It is a welcome addition to this great media streamer and will add much need content to the Boxee Box. The app is not at the same level of appearance or usefulness of the Apple TV 2 version. If I had to pick between watching Netflix on the Boxee Box or on Apple TV the Apple TV would be the clear winner. The app looks and feels a little raw maybe an update will fix some of the issues. The movie and TV show cover art does not look as detailed as on the Apple TV, but getting around to find something to watch was not much of a hassle. The only real problem I had was not getting sound from a few shows I tested. Not sure at this point if it was just a glitch with Netflix or there is a problem. When I get a chance I will have to visit the Boxee forums and see if anyone else has had this problem.

The Netflix app is a much appreciated effort and I think the Boxee Box community is very happy to have this amazing service added to their units.

I also added a live TV app via repository and have been able to get some of the top cable channels to work. The video quality was not the greatest, but getting live TV on the Boxee is also another great use for this device. Look for a future post on getting live TV on the Boxee Box, I am in the process of getting the list of links need to make this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment