Sunday, August 30, 2009

Free Cable Project How I Did It

A few months ago I canceled my cable television. This was a tough decision since I love watching TV. With a desire to save money and still be able to get my TV fix I researched my options. The first option was to get free HDTV from my local station with an indoor antenna. This worked out well and I did manage to get over 20 quality channels with very little invested. These local station provide me with news movies and all the major network programs. The next part of my project was to find online source for TV shows and movies when the local stations are not playing anything I might want to watch. This was also very easy to set up. With sites like HULU and almost every major network offering online shows I found thousands of hours of programing online. The online selection might even be grater then what I had on cable, and the best part is the I can watch these shows anytime I want. As for movies I found renting from iTunes a great choice the price is a few dollars less then the video store and I get my movies right away. The iTunes store also offers movies and TV shows in HD.



With these simple steps I am now able to save over $1000 a year and have more choice then ever before. If you are on the fence about getting rid of cable. The best way to do this is to start watching TV from and antenna and the Internet and forget about the able for a week. If it works out and you can live without cable then call the company up and say so long. If you are in Canada nothing feels better then calling Rogers or Cogeco and telling that you no longer need their over priced sucky service. You are now part of the OTA generation a group that values watching TV, but now save about $1000 a year on average.


No comments:

Post a Comment