Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tablets and Free TV

With the growing number of tablets out be it an iPad or one of the many hundreds of Android tablets TV on a tablet is hot.

You can find many apps that stream live TV from all over the world. These apps with a good WIFI connection look amazing on tablets. On my iPad I have installed apps from Netflix, Global TV(Canada Only) and City TV(Canada Only). There are also apps for watching YouTube and Vevo for music videos. These apps have provided hours of free entertainment. The nice thing is that most of the apps are free.

As new devices like the BlackBerry Playbook with support for Flash, more of us will be consuming television shows and movies on tablets.
With prices getting lower and more selection of tablets on the market we will see more consumers getting a daily dose of content on these devices.

In a future post I will be testing a low end tablet and seeing how far I can go to make it a great media tablet on a budget. There are a few brands under $150 that can handle my media tablet ambitions. The tablet that seems to be getting great reviews for the price is the Coby tablet. If I can pick one up I will use this as my test subject for a media tablet.
Are you using a tablet for media consumption?

No comments:

Post a Comment