Thursday, April 7, 2011

Podcasts Great Source For Free Content





When people think of podcasts they think of low quality programs made by people talking into a web cam. This is not the case its true there are many homemade podcasts and many are very informative and I love watching them, but there are many podcasts from major content providers.

One show I missed when I gave up cable was Mad Money with Jim Kramer as it turns out the full show is available as a podcast. There are many shows that put out a podcast some are full versions of the show others are just highlights, either way it free content. When I want to catch up on the daily news I find the podcast from the major networks or my local station. It’s all there I can take the news with me or watch it on my Apple TV. A few weeks ago I had a friend over and was playing news podcast my friend thought I was watching the live broadcast. The quality is very good some podcast are available in HD.

You can find podcast b y downloading the free iTunes program for Mac or PC or you can watch on your HDTV with the Apple TV2 box. There is so much content available as podcasts that you will have more TV to watch then time. The nice thing about podcasts is that you will see show that perhaps you would never have found on cable. Many podcast cater to certain tastes and genres. Start exploring the selection on iTunes and you will quickly be hooked to podcasts.

Note:

Podcast can be watched on many different formats. The most popular format to watch podcast would be on home computers and iPod or iPhone. You can also watch podcasts on iPad and other tablets. There are also many streaming boxes like Apple TV2 and Boxee Box that let you watch podcasts on you big screen TV.

What I am watching through podcasts:

Digg Nation
Mad Money
City Pulse News
CBS News
TMZ
CNN
Geek Beat


No comments:

Post a Comment