Thursday, July 28, 2011

How To Manage Your Bandwidth Caps

If you are on a Internet plan that places limits on your bandwidth make sure you are getting everything you pay for. As an example last month I still had about 25g on my plan. If I did not use this bandwidth by the end of the month it would be gone forever. What I have been doing is checking the week before my new billing cycle to see how much bandwidth I have left for the month. If I have a lot left I will try to download as much as I need to use up my bandwidth cap for the month. This month I downloaded a few shows from iTunes and updated my smartphone to update the apps with my home WIFI. Keeping an eye on your usage you can avoid going over and getting charged extra or not taking advantage of what you are paying for. If you download torrents the end of the month is a great time to start the download as you will be using up the bandwidth left for the billing cycle and will have something to watch the following month without wasting next months caps. It pays to keep an eye on your usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment